Friday, September 6, 2013

Labor Day Weekend + Some

Hare Krishna Temple


Colton and I visited the Hare Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork while Andrea gave Mama K a perm at her beauty school.

Saying 'hello' to the dolly llamas.

Cebu!

In side the "Holy of Holies..."

They bathe and change these dolls every day. I think they represent some of their other Gods.

Colton found this awesome peacock feather while we were walking around the grounds to see all their critters. 

T's Call!!!
"You are called to serve in he Yerevan, Armenia mission..." (And you'll be speakin' American, or Armenian, or something. ;) We are so excited for and proud of T! He will do a great job!

Levan Cave Hike
Mama K, Colton, and I decided to take a hike to Levan cave one day.

It was a beautiful day, and we saw some beautiful scenery. (This is the cool old figure 8 tree stump.)

Colton, Abby, and I are documenting our second hike up this particular trail together. (We hiked up here last year and Colton stole his first kiss from me here...)

However, we did not sample the hallucinogens growing all along the trail. 

The day ended with some very vivid rainbows.

Craft Corner
I had a need to be crafty one day, so...

I busted out some bows!

Fishing Trip
Papa K took Colton and I fishing up to Huntington Reservoir.

Launching the boat.

Loading all our paraphernalia and tying hooks to the lines.

I caught a big one!

Papa K trying to get the hook out of one of Colton's catches.

Fishin' buddies!

Papa K was a crazy driver!

Colton takin' a little rest. We hardly had to do any work cuz the fish were practically jumpin' into the boat!

Papa K displaying our success!

Me,  Papa K, and our 13 fish total!

Shooting Out Back
It was the perfect day!

Welcome to the Gun Show!

Andrea shot the wire support instead of the clay pigeon...

However, she could shoot the clay pigeons if they were in the sky. What's up with that?!

Labor Day
We started the day off by watching the Onion Days Parade in Payson.

Really old Fire Truck.

Horse-drawn Hearse.

Nothin' runs like a Deer.

State Fair Float.


Wiggy Wash Carwash float complete with several bubble machines.

There was even a guest appearance of Lightning McQueen.

Then we drove up the canyon for a picnic and walk around Maple Lake.


The water was very low, but it was still a beautiful sight. (Papa K inspecting a whole collection of snail shells.)

Some of the leaves are already starting to turn colors.


Me trying to blend in...

After much deliberation, we have decided that Colton is a great Catch!

Malea, Colton, Grandma Anna, Papa K, Mama K, and Andrea went to see Shrek the Musical.

Colton, Andrea, and Me with the star of the show.

Colton takes any chance he gets to fly his new quad-copter. 

A Quick Exam
Got my eyes checked and they said everything looks good!

We met Andrea at Shopko and couldn't resist modeling some hats!



5 comments:

  1. I haven't been to the Hare Krishna Temple in ages! It still makes me smile that Cebu are so small.

    I think Dad only catches fish when you are with him. :0) I am glad you were able to catch so many.

    I love the shooting pictures! I miss doing that too. The pictures from Levan Canyon are so pretty. We never made it up there this summer.

    I favorite picture has got to be the last one though. You girls are so stylin'! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey! If those cutesy craftsy bows you made don't have a home yet, we would happily adopt them!!! Love the oucs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I was looking at your blog again. Waiting for an update. (No pressure.) When I renoticed the picture of Ty opening his mission call. How did you do that? I love that is it a picture of you on face time! You simply must share your secret. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I was looking at your blog again. Waiting for an update. (No pressure.) When I renoticed the picture of Ty opening his mission call. How did you do that? I love that is it a picture of you on face time! You simply must share your secret. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome rainbows! Maple Lake looks gorgeous. I want to go!

    ReplyDelete