Sunday, April 6, 2014

Food is good

Just so everyones knows we are Potters and not Bakers:

Uncooked
Left: cinnamon sugar                                  Middle/Right: Salt

Cooked
We got fancy and deviated from the traditional pretzel shape. 

We like to eat the salt ones with melted cheese. 
And the sweet ones with Nutella. 


We found that our hand mixer has dough hooks. It worked really well. 

We had some friends over and made pretzel rolls to have with the dinner. 
They were really yummy. 

Pita Time!
We could't find good pita in Rexburg. Well there is some at the local grocery store but they are really expensive. 
So we made some!! And they where not that hard to make. 

We stuffed them with multiple layers of cabbage and chicken and alfredo sauce. 
Pita Recipe:


We also make chocolate covered blueberries!!



POMMY

We got a package on Mar 11, 2014 and it was in transit for 10 days.

That was a little concerning because it contained a live plant!!!

A dwarf pomegranate tree or (Punica Granatum var. Nana) to be exact. 

After about a week we gave her a new pot. 

Mar 30, 2014
   ~ 19 days later, we found a baby bud!!

Apr 6, 2014 
It started to turn colors. 

Apr 6, 2014 
Just another angle and size reference.

5 comments:

  1. Whoo! Fantastic. Now I'm hungry... well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure make good looking food for Potters! I will let you know about the taste after I have sampled the baking! I am looking forward to that! Especially the pretzel rolls. I had a sandwich make with those once...it had melted cheese and ham....it was so good!!!
    Can you tell my mouth is watering? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlings! That looketh delicious, however thou hast forgot to provide all the recipes! What is a poor hungry girl to do if there be no recipes? It all looketh so yummy, excepting the tree and dirt of course. Thank you for rectifying this mistake quickly, in advance. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dwarf pom can't wait to move to a warmer climate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So can you eat the pomegranates? I still haven't seen any recipes for those delightful looking pretzels. You seem to be pretty good Bakers for Potters

    ReplyDelete