Dec. 5th
I had a second job interview with DTSI. Then I met Colton at USAA when he got off work to have pizza and watch Planes: Fire and Rescue for an activity with the other BYU/BYU-I alumni at USAA.
Before dinner and the movie, we walked around the grounds. There were several turtles living in this pond.
Yeah, it's easy to forget that it's "winter..."
You lookin' at me???
Sometimes...
You just need ice cream with caramel and crushed Oreos on top.
And you take funny pictures at the ward Christmas breakfast.
Or you just notice a pretty little cardinal chillin' in the bush right outside your window.
Or you may only have a "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree due to lack of storage space in your tiny apartment.
Go Spurs, Go!
Colton was awarded tickets to a Spurs games for being awesome at work.
After much deliberation, we think we could really get use to watching the games from the USAA box.
Time out!
The only downside to the trip was they went into triple over time and then lost by 1 point... :(
Relocation
This is Colton's new work space in the building his team was recently moved to.
Broadway On Tour
The Majestic is a beautiful theatre downtown. The Broadway Lion King was on tour and playing here for about 3 weeks. We decided to treat ourselves to a show for Christmas.
In the lobby waiting for the theatre to open so we could find our seats.
The view from our seats.
Are you suppose to be taking pictures in here??? (Umm... the answer is actually no, but what they don't know won't hurt them right...?)
Finale at Pride Rock. The costumes were absolutely amazing! (Wish we could have sneaked more pictures!) It was such a fun show! And we would totally recommend seeing it if you ever get the chance!
USAA's Christmas Party
The party was held in the Alamo Dome (an indoor football field), and USAA even provided shuttle buses to get us there and back.
The theme was "A Trail of Lights" so the place was decorated with beautiful chandeliers to reflect all the lights. As you can see, there were long tables down the sides filled with tasty food. Then there were table to sit and eat in the middle, but there were so many people it was a little tricky to find a place to sit.
Looking from the balcony.
Some our friends.
Left to right: Serg, Maria, Malea, Colton, Mike, MaLynn, and another couple we just met and can't remember their names...)
The main event of the night was the concert featuring Daughtry!
























Jealous! Of the parties and the green grass and the Lion King. . . but I suppose I could live vicariously through your blog ;)
ReplyDeleteSo jealous there is no snow in these photos!
ReplyDeleteditto to what Katie said. jealous-green, parties & Lion King
ReplyDeleteDaughtry? I am not sure who that is...but it sounds exciting! I always knew USAA was a great company. This post only confirms that. I am glad you are getting to take advantage of all the fun things in San Antonio. :)
ReplyDeleteMalea, I love your hair! It is so darling especially in the first couple pics where you can see the cute cut! Also I think after seeing the Christmas pic that Colton should grow a handlebar mustache and wax the ends in curls every day!!! So cute with his dimples! Looks like you all are having lots of fun!!!
ReplyDeleteHow do you respond to a post that covers so much! I can tell life is good to you in Texas and that makes me smile. P.S. I think Colton works for an upper end company. :)
ReplyDelete