We replaced the alternator in Lila (our car) a couple days before we went back to school. We didn't even make it through the first week of school before our alternator was burning up AGAIN! It was a very snowy day, and smoke was spewing into the cab through the vents and billowing from the hood of the car. Colton had to drive with the windows down so he could breathe and got plastered with snow.
(This was the day Lila broke down again.)
So, given the fact that we had repaired the same thing twice in one week, we were advised by many and heartily agreed that it might be time to get something new.
(Another week passed)
Many, many, many hours were spend researching a new car throughout the week.
(This was the day Lila broke down again.)
So, given the fact that we had repaired the same thing twice in one week, we were advised by many and heartily agreed that it might be time to get something new.
(Another week passed)
Many, many, many hours were spend researching a new car throughout the week.
After hours of searching and comparing cars online, we headed to Utah over our four-day weekend to try to find something that would work for us. We visited several dealers and drove a hand full of different cars. Jan. 18th turned out to be the start of the end of our search. This is our last farewell to Lila.
Our triumphal return!
"Old and busted..."
"New hotness."
Waiting to sign our first-born child away in return for a new ride.
Avery (our sales person), Colton, and I.
Is that really ours?!
Proud new owners of the 2013 Honda Civic LX.
Colton gets the "Haggler-of-the-year" award!
We just had to drive our car a little more, so we took Ma n' Pa Potter to the BX. We found a huge sale on nail polish, so Malea had to see if there were any colors worth having.
Trying out a few new colors.
Making sure we got all our discounts.














Congrats on the New Car! Malea, beautiful necklace! Colton, way to score a bargain new car. I hope Aaron got the message to avoid Lila.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you clarified that there was more on the receipt than nail polish. I was starting to get a little worried! :0) It is nice to have a car you can depend on. Love the new wheels!
ReplyDeleteSWEET RIDE!! how much do I have to pay to have him come haggle for my new wheels? My hubby says we must get new car in 2-3 years... How rude! Anyway Bring your colors I have plenty of nails for you to try them out on =]
ReplyDeleteShell, Colton really, really wants to go to the D.C. Temple, so the cost of getting us to come and haggle for a car for you would be approximately one D.C. Temple trip. :) And I will be sure to bring my colors along so we can have a nail party too! I have some nice tools now so I am almost as good as Andrea and Katie... ;)
ReplyDelete